Em here. So as you may have learned in the last post, I am going to try to carry baby #1 while Lyn finishes school and figures out a new promotion at work. She has figuratively passed the torch to me and I have a lot to learn in a short amount of time. I may be able to do my first IUI in as little as 4 weeks! To prepare, I’ve been tracking my ovulation with Clear Blue Digital OPKs and the cheapy test strips. But as a rookie to this TTC world, I still have a lot to learn and have experienced a little turbulence on this OPK train. Lyn has been an excellent teacher and thank goodness for her patience. Here are 6 ways not to take an OPK–which may or may not have happened in real life…
- Inserting the Clear Blue test strip into the test holder and then not peeing on it for another 2 hours
- Successfully taking the test and then walking away to do laundry and never check on it
- Taking an OPK 1 hour after first morning urine
- Peeing on the Clear Blue test strip but not inserting it all the way into the test holder
- Holding your pee for a couple hours after first morning urine for the sole intention of doing an OPK and then peeing straight into the toilet (and watching your precious urine spiral down to the abyss)
- Peeing on the Clear Blue test strip for 3 seconds in stream instead of the required 5-7 seconds
Luckily, I didn’t get a surge until CD19 so these hypothetical situations didn’t hold us back from figuring out my LH surge. Anyone else have funny OPK ‘oops’ stories?